Fungal infection is one of the worst skin diseases that spread like forest fire when not treated correctly. There are four types of fungal infections. They are:
- Athletes foot
- Jock itch
- Yeast infection
Coconut oil is used as a simple and effective for fungal infections by our grandmothers and ancestors. It works best on fungal infections as it contains medium-chain fatty acids. This can be a good remedy for any type of fungal infections. The fatty acids fight against the fungus and yeast, against natural fungicides which causes these infections.
How To Use It:
- Take some extra-virgin coconut oil.
- Apply the oil on the affected area and gently rub it.
- Allow it to dry on its own.
- Repeat it three times a day.
Coconut And Cinnamon Oil:
- Take equal quantities of coconut oil and cinnamon oil and mix it.
- Apply this mixture on the affected area.
- Repeat it twice, to see visible changes. This will control the growth of infection.
- If you are affected by vaginal infection you can make use of tampons for good effect.
- Soak a tampon in coconut oil and insert it into the vagina.
- Retain it for two hours.
- Remove the tampon rinse the area with lukewarm water.
Other Alternatives To Coconut Oil:
Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar has a lot of extremely good medicinal values. One common quality is its anti-fungal property. Its mild acidic nature helps prevent the infection from spreading and promotes speedy recovery.
- Mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in one cup of warm water and drink it twice daily.
- You can also dilute apple cider vinegar with an equal amount of water, and then apply it externally on the affected skin. Leave it on for 30 minutes. You can even soak the infected skin area in this solution for 30 minutes. When done, pat dry the area thoroughly with a towel or dryer.
For treating a fungal infection, you can use plain, unsweetened yogurt. The probiotics present in plain yogurt prevents the growth of fungi by producing lactic acid.
- Soak cotton in plain yogurt and apply it on the infected area. Leave it on for 30 minutes, and then rinse it off with warm water and pat dry. Follow this remedy two times a day until the infection clears.
- In case of vaginal infection, dip a tampon in yogurt and insert it in the vagina for two hours. Do this twice a day.
- Also, make plain yogurt a part of your daily diet. Eat two to three cups of plain yogurt daily until the infection is gone completely.
Continue this daily. The infection will diminish slowly.