People nowadays go for many workshops and trainings to enhance their confidence level. Some even consult psychologists to attain mental balance. Have you ever thought of balancing your body as well as mind with a balanced diet? This article will amaze you as we all are really unaware of it all these days.
Basically there are six tastes in Ayurveda otherwise known as “SHAD RASA”. They are sweet, sour, bitter, salty, pungent, and astringent. All these tastes have their own properties that affect our body physically as well as mentally. One primary taste among them is salty. This article deals with the effect of salty taste in our body
Properties Of Salt:
- It provides heat energy in our body.
- Its post effective effect of the salty taste is sweet.
- It is heavy and oily.
- It neutralizes other tastes.
- Some natural sources of salt are cucumber, tomatoes and foods with high saline level.
Varieties Of Salt:
- HIMALAYAN ROCK SALT consists of minerals like chromium, iodine, iron, lithium, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc. The main speciality of this salt is that it has a cooling effect on our body.
- MINERAL SALT consists of minerals like calcium, chloride, iron, phosphate, potassium, and zinc. Unlike Himalayan salts it is balanced between heating and cooling effect. It has a pungent taste. Patients with high blood pressure are preferred to use this salt.
- BLACK SALT is a major constituent of iron and it has a heating effect on our body.
- SEA SALT is the salt we use everyday for cooking. It is prepared by the method of evaporating sea water. Sea salt is preferred to cook rather than any other salt.
- TABLE SALT is purely made of sodium chloride which deposits in the mines. Usually all the nutrients are removed from the salt.
Physical Effect Of Salty Taste:
- It promotes digestion by producing more saliva.
- It increases thirst and appetite.
- It also proves as a good solution for gastric problems.
- It makes our tissue soft and helps in their growth.
- It balances the electrolyte level in our body and gives instant energy.
- Taking salt baths keeps our body toxin free.
Mental Effects Of Salt:
- It promotes our confidence levels by calming the nervous system.
- Excess use of salt creates greediness and makes us overambitious
- It causes hypertension, hyperacidity and high blood pressure.
- it also causes kidney stones by depositing on kidney walls.
- It causes skin diseases and hair loss.
According to Ayurveda, correct combination of all the six tastes makes up a proper diet. This diet not only keeps up with our physical health but also our mental well being.